As an Experience Lodge, the Titilaka offers a variety of excursions and activities to give guests. Ranging from quarter, half and full day excursions, these activities focus on exploring the natural beauty, unique history and rich culture of Lake Titicaca. This region is home to various cultures; experience the rich history visiting pre-Colombian ruins, colonial churches and the communities whose heritage is a fusion of both. For all ages and adventure levels, the Titilaka excursions promise memories that last.
Titilaka is located on its very own private peninsula with 4 acres of grounds , 20 miles (36 kilometers) from the bustling commercial center of Puno. This makes the Titilaka a tranquil oasis on Lake Titicaca, surrounded by the natural wildlife of the lake. As the lodge is next to the peaceful agrarian hamlet that shares its name, guests are able to witness the traditional lifestyles of the region´s local villagers. Titilaka is your base for exploring the diverse ecological and culture that characterize this region. Set between the rich contrast of dramatic red cordillera mountains, crisp skies and the intense lake, the Titilaka is a photographer´s paradise. Colorful sunsets, dramatic sunsets and crisp starry nights complement its unique location. Lake Titicaca is a key highlight of the Andes and easily complements visits to some of the other regional destinations, such as Cusco and Arequipa.
Lake Titicaca is more than a lake; it is culture, nature and a key component of the Andes.
According to legend, it is from the waters of Lake Titicaca that the Incas stem. Before them, the Aymara people also revered and considered it holy. The rich cultures left scattered about the region their archaeological sites and ancient monuments.
The hotel features eighteen lake-facing rooms scattered on three levels connected by a central hallway. Each room has an open format and is equipped with a full bathroom and furnished with contemporary lines complemented by local textiles and fresh flowers. All rooms have wonderful views of the immense lake, long sacred to the people of the Andes whose waters seem to glow soft orange at sunrise and sunset.
Each room is equipped with individually controlled heated floors, bed sheeting include Pima cotton, down duvet, extra pillows, fully stocked complimentary mini bar, an I-pod speaker, a personal safe, centralized lightning switches, two telephones, complimentary wi-fi, coffee table, desk, ample closet space, banquette overlooking the lake, multi-purpose table, blackout curtains and overhead bed lamps. Suites have freestanding bathtubs, one king size or two double beds. King rooms have oversized showers.
- 4 acres of grounds and two private beaches on a private peninsula
- 18 fully equipped lake view rooms
- Outdoor wrap-around terraces
- Overwater deck and boardwalks
- Reception, sitting areas, 3 Lounges, main dining room and fully stocked bar with well stocked regional wine cellar
- Fully equipped media and reading room with direct TV, books, games and DVD´s
- Small jetty or landing dock
- Full spa and indoor pool (coming soon)
- All rooms over look Lake Titicaca
- Boutique with regional crafts and gifts
- Game room with cable, games and books
- Room service is available from breakfast until late evening
- Full connectivity – international phone service, complimentary wireless Internet access, cellular phone coverage is available
- Kids services available
- All electrical appliances run on 220 volts. The hotel provides electric transformers and adaptors
- A full-time nurse is on staff, and first aid and oxygen area available at all times
- The lodge is 40 minutes from the local hospital
- Comfortable and inspiring dining room for 28
- 270 degree views of the lake
- Contemporary Peruvian dishes with fresh local ingredients
- Full breakfast is served from dawn until noon
- Lunch and appetizers are served from noon until 3pm
- The cocktail hour starts at 6:30pm and ends at 7:30pm
- Dinner is served from 7pm until 9pm
- Complimentary bar service available throughout the day
- Complimentary in-room mini bars
- The hotel bar and cellar, with regional selections, are fully stocked
- Certain liquors and special wines are available at additional cost
- Experience concierge will help maximize your stay
- Three times daily housekeeping ensures order
- Restaurant butlers serve the Titilaka´s delicious meals
- Bartenders are ready to mix just the right drink
- Guided hiking excursions
- Guided kayak excursions
- Guided mountain biking excursions
- Guided sailing excursions
Terms & Conditions
Rates are quoted per person and are all inclusive and include: airport/city transfers, private excursions and activities, full board, tea time and happy hour.
It is important to note that touring in the Lake Titicaca region is generally not appropriate for travelers needing a wheelchair or those with severe mobility problems.
In the Know
Travelwizard.com Guests Receive:
- Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
- Daily Buffet breakfast, for up to two in room guests
- Early check-in/late check-out
- subject to availability
- One-hour massage per room, per stay
- (booking to be made prior to arrival)