Rosewood Hotel Georgia
First opened in 1927 in the heart of downtown Vancouver, Hotel Georgia came to be known as the city’s most elegant retreat. The Georgian Revival structure welcomed a who’s who of the entertainment world to British Columbia, including Elvis Presley, Nat “King” Cole, Katharine Hepburn and British royalty. The legendary boutique hotel, unveiled in July 2011 as Rosewood Hotel Georgia, now features 156 guest accommodations, Sense, A Rosewood Spa® and signature fine dining restaurant by renowned Chef David Hawksworth. Rosewood Hotel Georgia is ideally situated at the heart of one of the world’s great cities. Business travelers appreciate the convenience of the downtown location while leisure guests of the luxury boutique hotel enjoy the proximity to Stanley Park, the seawall and Vancouver’s finest restaurants, boutiques, art galleries, museums and theaters—all just moments away.
Rosewood Hotel Georgia provides discerning travelers with a level of stylish elegance equal to its landmark location in downtown Vancouver. Designed with a residential atmosphere, the 156 rooms and suites layer modern sophistication against the historic backdrop of the restored hotel. The eminently comfortable accommodations are softly enrobed in a palette of light blues, ivory and chocolate andoutfitted with sleek furnishings and spa-inspired bathrooms. The hotel’s premier accommodations, the Lord Stanley Suite and the Rosewood Suite, both feature two bedrooms and a private rooftop terrace offering stunning city skyline views, plunge pool and private garden. The Rosewood Suite can also connect to an adjacent room to create a three-bedroom accommodation.
- 1927 Lobby Lounge – A contemporary tribute to the hotels’s opening year, 1927 offers delightful cocktails and a casual lounge menu. With its ideal location in downtown Vancouver, 1927 provides a lovely place to reflect after work, relax before dinner or enjoy an evening nightcap.
- Reflections Lounge – Situated within the inner courtyard of the hotel’s fourth floor, Reflections offers light fare and specialty cocktails in an elegant and stylishly relaxed outdoor bar and lounge setting. This urban oasis in the heart of Vancouver has been designed to mirror both the tranquility of the adjacent spa and the vibrancy of its downtown location. Soothing infinity water features, a central fire pit, oversized teak couches, illuminating lanterns and upbeat music all combine to deliver a laid-back vibe. Reflections closes for winter season and reopens in spring.
- Hawksworth Restaurant – In keeping with the refined atmosphere and unique character of the hotel, Vancouver’s premier chef, David Hawksworth, brings his classically grounded, ingredient-driven cooking style to his signature fine dining restaurant at Rosewood Hotel Georgia. Guests experience brilliantly conceived combinations and exquisite presentations as David continues his relentless drive for perfection. Hawksworth restaurant also features a private dining room located on the second floor for hosting elegant dinners for up to 60 guests.
- Bel Cafe – Conceived and operated by Chef David Hawksworth, Bel Cafe will feature patisserie-style baked goods, specialty sandwiches and custom-roasted coffee.
Located on the fourth floor of the hotel, Sense, A Rosewood Spa® is a world-class sanctuary offering a full range of therapies, treatments, massage and facials as well as extensive and separate facilities for men and women. The spa welcomes both hotel guests and Vancouver locals alike. Adjacent to the spa, a well-appointed fitness centre offers state-of-the-art facilities, personal trainers and a 52′indoor saltwater lap pool. Adjacent to the pool, Reflections serves refreshing beverages and light snacks in a soothing outdoor courtyard — a lovely place to relax after one’s visit to the spa.
As Seen in Travel Folio
Travelwizard.com Guests Receive:
- Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
- Continental breakfast daily, for up to two in room guests
- $100 CAD Resort or Hotel credit to be utilized during stay
- (not combinable, not valid on room rate, no cash value if not redeemed in full)
- Early check-in/late check-out
- subject to availability