KICHWA TEMBO TENTED CAMP
Known as Kenya’s best loved safari camp, &Beyond Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp offers a quintessential game viewing experience, with sweeping vistas of the Masai Mara or the Sabaringo River.
Located where the riverine forest meets the sweeping plains in the path of the awe-inspiring Great Migration, the camp provides an authentic dose of African wildlife, delivered with legendary Kenyan hospitality.
Enhancing its signature elements of romance and nostalgia, the camp has been redesigned to better showcase its panoramic Masai Mara views. With timeless interiors that are simple yet contemporary and stylish, the new Kichwa Tembo enhances guests’ sense of privacy and enjoyment.
About the Lodge
- Day and night game drives, bush walks along the Mara River or Oloololo Escarpment
- Early morning Hot air ballooning available daily
- Perfect for wildlife enthusiasts, first time and repeat travellers, nature lovers, photographers, birders
- Breath-taking views of the Masai Mara
- In the foothills of the scenic Oloololo Escarpment, the rim of the Great Rift Valley Seasonal views of the Great Migration, including river crossing
Daytime temperatures above 34˚C / 94˚F
Night-time temperature rarely drops below 11˚C / 52˚F
- BEST TIME TO TRAVEL All year round
- RECOMMENDED FOR CHILDRENChildren are welcome at &Beyond Kichwa Tembo.
- GUEST SAFETY Even though the camp is fenced off, we request that guests be extremely vigilant at all times.
- LODGE AMENITIES 28 superior safari tents and 12 luxury tents, Safari Shop, Swimming pool with Mara views
- LANGUAGES English & Swahili
- WILDLIFE Wildebeest, zebra, kongoni, topi, elephant, hippo, buffalo, giraffe, lion, cheetah, leopard, black rhino, crocodiles, hyena, jackal
- CURRENCY Kenyan Shilling
- CAPACITY40 tents, 80 guests