&BEYOND MNEMBA ISLAND
&Beyond Mnemba Island is an award-winning barefoot beach paradise just off the northeast coast of Zanzibar. Be among just 20 guests at this romantic, private hideaway, where ten beachside bandas overlook the Mnemba atoll (a scuba diver’s delight).
From snorkelling, swimming and kayaking, to massages on the beach, to doing nothing at all, Mnemba has something for everyone.
If you have ever harboured the secret wish of finding yourself the sole inhabitant of a beautiful tropical island, but without the effort of having to lift a finger to fend for yourself, &Beyond Mnemba Island Lodge is just the place for you! Discover sheer, unpretentious paradise on this private island, where the simple pleasures become your most treasured of memories for many years to come. Relax and unwind in the exclusivity of your own stretch of beachfront, where simple yet luxurious bandas peep out onto unblemished sands from the dappled shade of the casuarina pine forest.
About the Lodge
- Private island getaway
- Barefoot luxury
- PADI dive school
- Variety of dive sites and easy availability of boats
- Ideal for swimming and snorkelling
- Beautiful beach walks
- Ideal for romance and relaxation
- House reef can be reached without a boat
Daytime temperatures above 30˚C / 86˚F
Night-time temperature rarely drops below 19˚C / 66˚F
Winter is peak season in Zanzibar, with warm temperatures and low rainfall. Short rains fall in November; longer rains in April and May.
- BEST TIME TO TRAVEL All year-round.
- RECOMMENDED FOR CHILDREN– the lodge can accommodate a maximum of two children under 12 at any
- LODGE AMENITIES 10 beachside bandas, Overhead fans, PADI dive school, Beach Shop, Family banda
- LANGUAGES Swahili Language, English Language
- WILDLIFE Outstanding marine life, Suni antelope and Ader’s duiker, Dolphins, whale sharks and endemic Indian ocean
- CURRENCY Tanzanian shilling
- CAPACITY 10 bandas, 20 guests